NJ FamLaw
NJ FamLaw, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Admitted to NJ Bar

My ex-wife has the exact same education as I do. However,

My ex-wife has the exact same education as I do. However, she has chosen to work part-time for the past 10 years. Her family is wealthy and gifts her cars, real property, cash, etc. She also has a multi-million dollar trust that she will inherit. In the meantime, my current wife of over 10 years recently became totally disabled, which caused us to lose a third of our household income and depleted our savings. We have 2 other children as well. My ex-wife keeps threatening to sue for more child support if I don't agree to forfeit significant visitation. Vistation that she has either denied or frustrated from day one. My income has increased since the last modification. Do any of the factors mentioned above matter to the court?
In short, yes, but it somewhat depends on your state. Your ex should be imputed earnings based on a full time salary and you should receive a credit for having two additional children (as income going to support them cannot be used to support your other child). If she is earning income from the trust, that should be included as well. As for visitation, it should be separate and apart from calculating a child support amount. Good luck