lwpat
lwpat, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
15417118

my wife wants divorce simply because she is not happy with

my wife wants divorce simply because she is not happy with me. she has been acusing me for psychological abuse which i don't understand how. I always avoid arguements and keep away from her if she is in the mood of arguements. I discovered that she has a secret affair with other man. we have three kids. i don't want divorce because it is not in the best interest for my kids. we both live together and takes care of our kids well. can she file the divorce without any solid ground. If she does, i will contest. I need your advise.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
infact she stays away from home most of the time and usually comes late at night.

Then you need to wake up and smell the cologne, the one from her lover. She can file for a divorce and it will be awarded whether you agree or not. What you need to do is to get a private detective and have it confirmed. While it states that alimony will be awarded regardless of fault it will have a bearing nevertheless.

Here is the referral site for you to find an attorney and you need to do it Monday

http://www.avvo.com

Usually there will be a settlement agreement negotiated and you will be in a stronger position with proof of the adultery.