Cedric, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Representation of Clients in Family Courts for Criminal and Civil Matters for several years

Our daughter attended A Christian College and she is 18. She

Customer Question

Our daughter attended A Christian College and she is 18. She was pressured by Junior Pastor who was 21 and put in a position of authority over here. My Husband wants to press charges even though she states that in her word's it was somewhat concentual.

We addressed this with the Church Pastor but he stated that there was nothing we could do about it. What are our legal options here in Idaho
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Cedric replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately, you can't do anything if she doesn't want to press charges for non-consensual sexual intercourse against the pastor.

Since she was 18 at the time, there is no statutory rape violation and she is technically an adult, so it's her decision, and hers alone, whether she wants to file a police report and press charges against the Church Pastor.

Sorry, wish I had better information for you.