Cedric, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Representation of Clients in Family Courts for Criminal and Civil Matters for several years

I am 53 american. I married at 18. He is a resident of u.s.a

I am 53 american. I married at 18. He is a resident of u.s.a though me . I had no other relationships, he was the first . Now he is 55. The past 4 years he had an affair with a mexican citizen. Webuild a big house in mexico and he secretly brought several properties . He saids that I can't get nothing in mexico. We have being married for 35 years in the u.s.a. Is this true?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Cedric replied 6 years ago.
No, that's not true, property owned by either spouse, whether owned in another country or the United States can be subject to division (either equitable division in a non-community property state) or subject to 50/50 percent division if you live in a community property state, such as California.