How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25386
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Plaintiff jl has filed a suit againsrt me for nor giving her

This answer was rated:

Plaintiff(JL) has filed a suit against me and a trust I am trustee of for nor giving her money from a trust She has refused to give her legal adress in NY --just gives ny) We believe she lives in her mothers rent control apartment and has another rent control apt that she may rent under the table. I was just reminded by my wilfe she has a legal address in Fineview NY her name isXXXXX

My wife says she read somewhere that her residence in Fioneview may disqualify her   from a rent control residence and she could be committing a fraud.

Jack Hoffman
In order to file suit the person has to claim where they reside. You can file an interrogatory and ask for them to disclose their legal residence.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
no referance to a statue or a law on giving legal address

no answer to rent control question
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Im waiting for the legal ramifications for owning a home in Fineview NY living in one rent control prevously owned by her miother and renting one she owned to someone else
I will opt out and allow the other experts the opportunity to reply to you. Thanks for using JA.
lwpat and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you