Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years

could my ex husband get full custody of my 2 kids if I am pregnant

Customer Question

could my ex husband get full custody of my 2 kids if I am pregnant with my fiance's child. We live together right now but I want to break it off and be single with the 2 kids and the child on the way. My ex husband keeps threatening to take them. Will this give him rights to get full custody? He is in the military and alcoholic. He doesn't know I am pregnant yet.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.

You previously asked me this same question in a different way. Are you asking for a different response from someone else or are you just seeking reassurance?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am asking for reassurance because I am scared. I have always been there for this guys. They are my life and I am trying to do what I feel is best for them and my self and now the unborn child. Thank you
I can appreaciate your fear. Since you are divorced, you can live with whomever you wish so long as that person is not a danger or harm to the children. Regarding being pregnant, you can have the baby of anyone so long as the new baby does not significantly affect your ability to care for the current children. If you have a drug problem or neglect the children then the judge would consider those as possible factors to change custody. However, living with someone to which you're not married is not a crime and having another baby is not a crime.