lwpat, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney

what are my rights in pennsylvania for grandparent visits.i

Customer Question

what are my rights in pennsylvania for grandparent visits.i havent seen my grandson in 3 yrs and i want to have visits with him and my son cut me off.what can i do.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunatley since you have been estranged for this long you cannot show a close relationship with the grandchild. In addition it is your own child that is withholding visitation. It would be highly unusual for a judge to order visitation over the objection of your own child where there is no special relationship. I don't think that there is a legal solution to your problem. Is there a third party that can intervene on your behalf?.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i tryed that also and did not work,i had my grandson when he was 2yrs old through court in nys.i gave him back to my son because it was just until he got himself together ever since then i have always been involved with my grandson,my son uses drugs and he is also abusive with his son this is why i need to be around my grandson.i called youth services on my son and thats why now he keeps me away.what can i do there has to be something i can do to see my grandson.
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Unless you can show that the child is abused or neglected I don't see any legal recourse. You can have a private investigator try to obtain sufficient evidence to show neglect and file a custody action.