Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
5180018

I am divorced, single and pregnant by my fiances baby but

I am divorced, single and pregnant by my fiance's baby but thinking about breaking if off with him. My ex husband and I have 2 kids together and he is threatening taking full custody of them. What will give him the rights? He is military and alcoholic. He doesn't know I am pregnant yet
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.

You have openned several question posts here. Instead of openning multiple post ask your question in one single post then answer for the best response so the expert understands the full problem. However as I previously stated in a prior post to you, the factors considered by the court are multiple and various. The judge can consider all those things that might impinge on the development of the child's physical, mental, emotional, moral, and spiritual faculties. In considering the child's developmental needs, the judge would take a child's age into account. The judge can consider the child's preference, but the judge is never required to do so. The judge can consider each parent's caretaking capacities and the home environment that each parent could provide to the child. The judge can consider the time available to each parent to be with the child, as the judge may wish to maximize the child's time with a parent as opposed to a babysitter or daycare center. The judge can consider the child's bonding with each parent and with other siblings, if there are any. But remember that the weight the judge gives to any of these factors is completely within the judge's prerogative.