Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

I found out that the last name I use is not that of my biological

I found out that the last name I use is not that of my biological father. My mother confirmed it and so did her family. I was able to speak to my biological father but he changes his telephone number becasue I asked him to legally give me my last name. That way I can change my children's last name also.

For many years I was not acepted by the families in which I grew up in. Today it is still the same. I am 60 I would like to change my name and my children's last name so this family and I can move on with our lives.

It is difficult knowing that you are not even accepted by the person who is your real biological father. But this is not as bad as using a name that does not belong to you.

What can I do to change all my documents legally?

I have used my husbands credit card to pay. My name is XXXXX XXXXX is Evelyn E. Herrero

It is a simple process to change your name. You do not need the consent of the biological father. You can go to a law library and copy the forms at no charge or purchase them on line. Here is one site: http://www.the-law-store.com/gennamchanki1.html

Once you have the forms completed, bring them to the clerk of the court's office in the county where you live. The clerk can assist you with the filing.

Best wishes.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is this process the same in Puerto Rico? Is the change considered legal? Wil I be able to change my passport and drivers license. More so will I be able to have my birth certificate changed?
Is this process the same in Puerto Rico?
yes

Is the change considered legal?
yes

Wil I be able to change my passport and drivers license.
yes

More so will I be able to have my birth certificate changed?
yes
yes

Is the change considered legal?
yes

yes

yes