How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25386
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I got married to a person and later was told they only wanted

Customer Question

If I got married to a person and later was told they only wanted to obtain legal status after i filed for them could that be grounds for an annulment. They moved out right after getting the 3 years permanent resident card and is now trying to file for citizenship but does not want USCIS to know they moved out. Or can i use the fact that i am unable to conceive as grounds for the anullment?
I also have evidence that the person has been unfaithful from before we were married and was advertising for sex on Craigslist while he lived in my house
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
How long was the marriage?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
married 4.5 yrs now..i filed for him 2.5 years now
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Then I do not believe that you are going to be able to get an annulment. It is much more difficult than a divorce so you need to file for a divorce.

Here are the forms and information. They are the same statewide but you may have to change the county

An accept for my time is always appreciated

Related Family Law Questions