Cedric
Cedric, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Representation of Clients in Family Courts for Criminal and Civil Matters for several years
14986957

My wife has filed for 50% legal custody. She lives in another

My wife has filed for 50% legal custody. She lives in another county. Can she file in that county or does she have to file in the county I live with our daughter. Or do I need to ask for a change of venue. Our daughter has been liviing with me for over 6 months.
Submitted: 6 years ago via TexasChild-Custody.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Cedric replied 6 years ago.
She needs to file in which you currently reside. You can file for a dismissal of the case, since she filed in a county that is not the correct venue.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am in Ca, what form do i need to use? She is in Sonoma County and I am in Lake County.
Expert:  Cedric replied 6 years ago.
File form F-270 here, and request a dismissal due to the action being filed in an improper venue.

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/forms.cgi
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can not find this form F-270 anywhere on the web, but I found CIV-110 (Request for Dismissal). Can this one be used since I am the respondent?