How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cedric Your Own Question
Cedric, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2899
Experience:  Representation of Clients in Family Courts for Criminal and Civil Matters for several years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Cedric is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a non custodial parent petition the custodial parent for

Resolved Question:

Can a non custodial parent petition the custodial parent for child support? A standard custody arrangement is in place (alternate weekend visitation)
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Cedric replied 7 years ago.
Yes, you can still petition the custodial parent for child support, since child support payments are also based on each spouse's relative income in addition to who has primary custody.

However, it's unlikely that the non-custodial parent would be successful in receiving child support from the custodial parent, especially if the non-custodial parent only sees the child every other weekend.
Cedric and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you