Amber E.
Amber E., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Experienced practitioner in family law, including divorce, custody, and domestic violence cases.

I received a summons for non payment of child support,However I am not behind an

I received a summons for non payment of child support,However I am not behind and DOR confirmed this with me also attorney's fees as well .I sent plantiffs Attorney all the paperwork from Dor stating I was up to date and not behind or even any back payments .
How can they do this ?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Amber E. replied 6 years ago.
Anyone can file and ask for anything, but that doesn't mean that they will get what they are asking for. What you may want to do is file a response (an Answer) with the court and attach that paperwork with your response as exhibits; and, also, request that plaintiff be made to pay your court costs and filing fees.

Sending the papers to plaintiff's attorney does you no good at all, because that lawyer does not work for you and is not going to do anything that is in your interests. You definitely want to attend any scheduled court date and bring your documents with you.