Amber E.
Amber E., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Experienced practitioner in family law, including divorce, custody, and domestic violence cases.

can my daughters mother sign away back childsupport

Category: Family Law
Expert:  Amber E. replied 4 years ago.
Is she receiving government assistance?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no but she did for a month or two when she was first born shes six now
Expert:  Amber E. replied 4 years ago.
In that case, yes, she can file a motion to dismiss the child support order and deem the arrearage paid in full. Child support enforcement should be able to assist her with that; otherwise, she may contact the DA's office about it. If neither of those are responsive, then she can hire a lawyer to prepare and file the necessary paperwork for her.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i talked to a local lawyer today and she said that the attorney general wont do a case where niether parent pays childsupport so thats not true

Expert:  Amber E. replied 4 years ago.

It is not about the attorney general; you and the other parent can agree to whatever you want. It would not be an agreement in which you state that you wont pay child support at all, the order will simply provide that she has received all that is due her and that she does not want to take collection action through the state any further. If you believe that it is not true, then there is nothing I can do to convince you. You contacted us for a second opinion from another lawyer, and there you have it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i wasnt saying you were lying i was talkin about the lawyer i talked to today she didnt seem to want to assist me thank you so much my ex said she asked about it and they said i had to pay money owed to the state how would i specificaly pay toward that
Expert:  Amber E. replied 4 years ago.
You're welcome. What would happen is that amount owed the state would be calculated from the total amount, and you would pay it off either in lump sum (if possible) or in regular amounts each month, just as you would any child support obligation.
Amber E., Family Law Attorney
Experience: Experienced practitioner in family law, including divorce, custody, and domestic violence cases.