Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I have questions about a complicated divorce. My ex husband

Customer Question

I have questions about a complicated divorce. My ex husband has been trying to divorce since 2007 from his previous wife. When we left Iraq in 2008 he was ttold it was final but it wasnt so we had to get divorced. Now the court says he is behind child support but it comes out his army paycheck before his pay hits his account. His lawyer went to court on the 22nd of april and he got a letter today postmarked for the 28th that he has to pay 2000 by tomorrow or he will report to jail tomorrow the lawyer never called. also the lawyer never answers his phone. what should he do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  dkennedy replied 6 years ago.

I need some clarification. This is very confusing.

You say this is your ex-husband? And he is married to someone else?

Was still trying to get divorced when you and he were Iraq?

Has he set down and figured out how much he owes in child support? or why they say he is $2000 behind?

Why didn't he make it to court on the 22nd?

What does his lawyer say about this? Does he have an answer about the amount they say he is behind?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He was going through a divorce in 2007 when we meet and deployed. we are soldiers. his lawyer told him his divorce was final so when we went on leave we got married. we returned in 2009 to find he was still married so we divorced and waited and still have been waiting. He knows his amount of child support and has always paid because it comes out of his pay before his pay hits his account. His lawyer told him he was setting up a court date for the divorce and never gave him a date. His lawyer never answers his phone and calls back months later. In fact he just called to say that he needXXXXXcost.
Expert:  dkennedy replied 6 years ago.

Let's narrow this down.

Please tell me exactly what your question is.

I think I have a better idea of the facts now.