P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.

Wife abandoned me, taking our son. She now only wants me to

Wife abandoned me, taking our son. She now only wants me to look after the child on the weekends, while not allowing the child to sleep over.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Is there a court order? What does it say?

Are you contemplating divorce?

Edited by psimmons on 4/1/2010 at 8:16 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We were trying an cooperative separation. My wife feels this is the best for our son.
If there is not a court order in place, then you both have full rights with the child. If you want the child more and the wife will not give you access...you can go to the court and ask the court to grant you custody while you work out your separation.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (3) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises; (4) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience: 16 yrs. of experience including family law.