Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

HI, I got divorced 10 yrs. ago and was poorly represented -

Customer Question

HI, I got divorced 10 yrs. ago and was poorly represented - my bad. I agreed to a pre-established figure of $60,000 at 6% per year when my ex sold our house (or when my daughter gratuated high school- which was expected to be in another 5 yrs. She just sold it for approx. $430,000 and I received and signed off on a check for approx. 90,000. At the time I didn't know how much she sold the house for but now that I do I feel I got short changed by about $100,000 - since she and her new husband had made some cosmetic improvements. Do I have any chance of appealing this settlement and getting a fairer share? Thanks
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

I am going to be honest - no. Poor representation is not cause enough for a post-judgment modification, I am so sorry. :\

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”