Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I live in NC. I have read you do not have to file any forms

I live in NC. I have read you do not have to file any forms to be leagly separated in NC. Is this true? Also, my husband and his family is going on a vacation and they want our 7 month old son to go. I do not feel comerfertable letting him go just with his dad and the family bacause they have never taken care of him before. Would it look bad or somehow mess up the separation if I went with them to watch my so if i stayed in a separate room from my husband?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Correct, you do not have to file anything. In NC, a separation agreement is a contract between a husband and a wife. It generally resolves all issues relating to child custody, child support, division of property, and alimony. A separation agreement must be in writing, signed by both parties, and notarized.No it would not look bad in your situation.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”