Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am going to court and my daughters dad lied about his Support

I am going to court and my daughter's dad lied about his Support Payment history. He did not pay me for several months, and paid me partially in other months. I have bank statements to verify my information. Won't he have to provide proof in the form of cancelled checks, money orders or bank deposits in my account to the Court to substantiate his lies?? This really concerns me.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Yes, he will. The Judge will base his/her decision based on the evidence at hand. If you feel he might "forget" those statements, subpoena them. You may subpoena third party information as part of the suit, so file a subpoena, and get the work to send his information to the Court.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The errors go back to 2005. If I don't know what bank he used, how do I subpoena his records. ?? He paid me in the form of Western Union money orders also so those won't be on his bank statements.

Hmm, in that case, you ASK him in Court about which bank it was, and then when you get all the answers necessary, ask for a CONTINUANCE from the court, so you may get the records needed. Then during the break, subpoena the info from the sources that he stated. If he lied, and there is none there, then he is a liar in front of the court for the next time. It's a lose-lose for him, and you'd get him.