How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31662
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my daughter left with my grandson last week, she has left the

This answer was rated:

my daughter left with my grandson last week, she has left the boy with a relative for days now and has not come back. can I go get him or can the relative biring him to me? they are out of state and we know his mother is doing drugs and she has left her husband also and has another guy
If there is no court order prohibiting you from making contact with the child or caring for the child, you can go get him. The court is not going to reprimand a grandparent acting in good faith to care for a child.
Roger and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Another thought is that you may want to take the proactive position in this situation and contact child services, report what his mother has done, and ask child services to help you get guardianship over the child.



Related Family Law Questions