Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

how do i respond to a notice of proceeding to estabablish administrative

how do i respond to a notice of proceeding to estabablish administrative support order,which i want to dispute.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Tell me a little more about the matter please, and what do you mean by administrative support - child support?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes,child support,I sign the birth certificate,but found out later she told another guy he was the father.
Okay, and how old is the child now? Were you married to the mother or not?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The child was born on 08/27/08 approx.19months.No we were not married.
There is something called presumed paternity which says a man whose name is XXXXX XXXXX birth certificate and is with the woman at time of conception and/or birth and lives together is the father. That presumption can be challenged only in the first 4 years. You need to IMMEDIATELY file a PETITION FOR PATERNAL ADJUDICATION with the family court and have them order a DNA test so that you can be ruled NOT THE FATHER and that order would kill the presumed paternity, so you won't owe any child support. He needs to do this before the child turns 4. Go to legalzoom.com for the petition. Once you're adjudicated as not the father, the orders will be dropped.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”