Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law

i currently live in North Carolina where I moved from Texas.

i currently live in North Carolina where I moved from Texas. I have decided to go back, my father has told my 13 year old son and me in a round about way that I am not going any where at least not with my kids. What can i do or can he stop me from leaving?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 6 years ago.

Unless your father has a custody order for the child he has no ability to stop you from leaving. Even with a custody order, you can petition the court for permission to relocate back to Texas with the child. The court that granted the grandparent visitation would be where any petition for relocation would need to be filed.

If you found this answer informative please press ACCEPT so I may get credit for my response.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.