How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25386
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a csutody ruling in which the minors counsel was very

Customer Question

I have a custody ruling in which the minor's counsel was very specific in her recomndation for change of custody for helath reasons of the minor as well as the father disregarding many prior court orders. The jusde ruled for 50\50 instead of a cahnge of custody to the mother which is what the 13 soon to be 14 year old wished . Her father's home is high conflict and he hates the mother and involves the minor in the court matters. I disagree with the alternate wee order and the child feels she has no home. I am desparate to change it. The father's lawyer is very aggressive and was discrediting the minor's counsel and the mother to the jusdge.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Unfortunately your only choices now are either to ask for a rehearing or an appeal unless the time limits have passed. As a pratical matter it is very difficult to have anyting changed either way. Family court judges have wide discretion. Did the child testify? You just never know when you go to court. Probably the best thing is to regroup, try to figure out what will tilt the judge in your favor and then work on gathering the necessary evidence for another trial in six months to a year.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The trial was yesterday. I fear that because my ex is not compulsive about her health it will suffer my other daughter left him. He is abusive but says they lie when they say it. She did not tesitfy was told she could not. Should she write to the judge directly?