LADY LAWYER, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Family Law Attorney

He was having his mother handle all of his visitation. At the

Customer Question

He was having his mother handle all of his visitation. At the last visit my daughter didn't want to visit and I went to his mother and advised my daughter did not want to go. She then walked in my home and demanded to speak with her. My daughter continued to say she would rather not. His mother began blaming me for the denial of visitation and threatened court. An Aunt of mine stood up for my daughter and advised she didn't want to go due to constant questioning of her home life with me and my new husband. She got offended and left abruptly. Since the confrontation my ex-husband and I had a meeting with my daughter. He was angered by the confrontation with his mother and stated I should have let her go if not overnight to her hair appointment. My ex-husband wants to pick up my daughter now from a Bob Evans parking lot instead of my home. Do I have to comply?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LADY LAWYER replied 6 years ago.

You must comply with the court's visitation order until the court rules otherwise. If you do not, you are in contempt of court and your ex can file a motion with the court to bring you in on contempt charges. If your daughter does not want to continue with visitation, the proper way to go about it is to file a petition to modify custody and ask the court to change the custody arrangement.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am asking do I have to comply with him picking her up at Bob Evans? Nowhere in the divorce decree does it state where he is to pick her up from

Sorry I misunderstood. You made a comment in the first part of the question about your daughter not wanting to go to visitation at all. In any case, no, you do not have to take her to Bob Evan's for him to pick her up. If you have more questions, please just let me know. If not, please don't forget to accept my answer as it is the only way I can receive credit for helping you. It is the only way I can receive compensation and you will be charged nothing further for pressing accept. Thanks!

Edited by LADY LAWYER on 4/1/2010 at 3:18 AM EST