How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in the state of Missouri. I have my divorce petition

Resolved Question:

I live in the state of Missouri. I have my divorce petition almost completed except for my wife's part of the Statement of Income and Expenses. There are no children. I cannot afford an attorney so I want to represent myself but since my wife will not cooperate and give me the information for her part I am at an impasse. I'm ready to file the petition but I'm afraid I will waste the filing fee if the Statement of Income and Expenses is incomplete. Is there anything I can do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 6 years ago.

Dear JACUSTOMER - Whenever there is a dissolution there must be agreement on all issues. If your wife is not cooperation you will have to file as a contested divorce by filing a complaint. If she fails to answer then you can obtain the divorce as a non contested action. You are correct not to waste your filing fees if your information is not complete however I doubt the clerk would accept the petition if it is incomplete.


I'm not certain if the same web page you used has the forms for a contested divorce but if it does that is what you are going to have to use.


Dave Kennett

Dave Kennett and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions