My girlfriend Jen is 4 months pregnant. She is/ was a stripper

My girlfriend Jen is 4 months pregnant. She is/ was a stripper so at the time I questioned whether or not the child was mine. Jen had blown up over the phone saying "I hope somehow this baby is not yours", " I should just find a real man to take care of me and the baby. I had called my exgirlfriend Rebecca and talked with her. Rebecca(being barren of having children) hated the idea of Jen having my child. Her first comment was "are you going to make her have an aborton?" She talk about slipping pills to cause miscarriage." I talked with her about the idea for a while.(mind that at the time I was on predasone which is a steroind, heavy pain killers, and valium to counteract the aggression the steroid. I never acted but rebecca was mad at me for cutting ties with her later rebecca called jen and told her I planned on killing the babywith lots of liesThere is now a restraining order against me with lots of false acusations. Trial is 4-15. Jen jumps to conclusion I have pics of bite mark
Category: Family Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.
defend your self, words from an ex girlfriend to the court without actual intention or anything to show you actually were going to do something will not stand in criminal court. They have the burden of proof to prove that you want to kill the baby, what your current girlfriend has is hearsay evidence so she cannot testify, only Rebbecca could, and her past relationship with you would hurt her credibility.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Sorry, I am 25 and my name is XXXXX XXXXX initial box was too small. Jen got phone records from the phone company and saw the phone calls I had made to her. She got a hold of rebecca's phone number and had called her. By this point, I hd cut ties with rebecca, but rebecca tried to collect money owed or threatened to talk to jen. I had her sign a conteract stating she would not talk to jen. four days later she called jen from a private number and stated I plotted to kill the baby, attempt to gain full custody. She wrote her statement to the court with the information and I need to rite a responding letter. I am not sure if I should attempt to discredit jen's character by her work. My parents gave her 11k so she could pay off her carrera. She is also 25, owns a condo. cayenne, and got rid of the carrera. Not sure what road I should take and how to do it. Discredit her character? State I was highly medicated due to surgery? What if rebecca testifies?

this is not going to be a hard case, they have the burden first to prove that you really intended to kill the child or bring harm to the mother. If she states that you plotted to kill the child, and then claim you wanted custody, that does not make sense.

You would not have to discredit her charachter just her statement in court, you would bring up the major fact that is you ever told her that you would kill the baby, if she says no the case is over. If the ex testifies, it would not hurt, then you bring up the fact that she is an ex girlfriend. Remember they have a high burden of proof, also if the police actually believed them you be in jail for attempted murder.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If she lies and says yes? Do you think I need an attorney? I worry if she gets her restraining order she will have higher chances of custody down the line. What should I respond with in my letter to do judge?
no matter what you need a lawyer, in a letter to a judge, deny everything and make sure an attorney drafts it, you should never do anything before speaking to an attorney, in fact I would think an attorney would state to tell the judge nothing.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can you give me any referrals? I live in Huntington Beach, California. Sounds like you are in New York.

you can contact the above firm, also consider calling the local bar association for the best attorneys in your area, who also handle family and custody cases to.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you so much.i have been really nervous about this. any other bits of advice?
if you win get a copy of her testimony and use it for your custody case or a defamation lawsuit.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have a copy of her letter to the court. What is defamation?

when someone lies and those lies ruin your reputation, and causes you financial and emotion damage you can sue them for that.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
would I sue jen or rebecca?
both, if they both lied to put you in jail, remember you would have to also prove it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok, thanks again.