Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I live in stow ohio my wife and I are seperated and are going

Customer Question

I live in stow ohio my wife and I are seperated and are going thru a divorce. We live in seperate homes. As she was dropping the kids off at my house she got angry and left driving thru the front yard and tearing in up pretty good. I am trying to file a police report however the police department will not come out they say it is not a crime because we are still married. Should I not be able to file a police report for this incedent?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

This is false. Parties who are technically married can still file said complaints. I believe the police gave her a freebie, or perhaps it was a lazy police officer. In any case, take photos, and file a complaint again at the police station. If they refuse to listen, or even if they do, also file a MOTION FOR CONTEMPT against her in court, and make the Judge make pay her for the damage.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”