How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawmoe Your Own Question
Lawmoe, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2415
Experience:  Family Law Lawyer for 19 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lawmoe is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what can I do if my ex has not told me that our daughter is

Customer Question

what can I do if my ex has not told me that our daughter is in counseling. Isn't this a violation of our shard parenting agreement?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 7 years ago.

If you share legal custody, that is a decision that should be shared. Your remedy, however, is less clear. You may certainly file a Motion for contempt, but I would suggest that you may wish to speak with the counselor first to determine if the counseling is something that is objectionable and determine what it is being used to resolve.


You should be part of those decisions. Yet, you cannot appear to be an obstructionist if your child requires counseling. Often, it is a bit of a tight wire act to walk.


Thank you for Choosing JustAnswer. Please CLICK ACCEPT BELOW so that I may be compensated for my work.

Lawmoe and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 7 years ago.
Good luck to you.

Related Family Law Questions