Lawmoe, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Family Law Lawyer for 19 years

what can I do if my ex has not told me that our daughter is

Customer Question

what can I do if my ex has not told me that our daughter is in counseling. Isn't this a violation of our shard parenting agreement?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 6 years ago.

If you share legal custody, that is a decision that should be shared. Your remedy, however, is less clear. You may certainly file a Motion for contempt, but I would suggest that you may wish to speak with the counselor first to determine if the counseling is something that is objectionable and determine what it is being used to resolve.

You should be part of those decisions. Yet, you cannot appear to be an obstructionist if your child requires counseling. Often, it is a bit of a tight wire act to walk.

Thank you for Choosing JustAnswer. Please CLICK ACCEPT BELOW so that I may be compensated for my work.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 6 years ago.
Good luck to you.