Lawmoe, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Family Law Lawyer for 19 years

I have a parenting plan and a child support order and I just

I have a parenting plan and a child support order and I just found out from a DNA test that she is not mine. Her mother and I were never married and she has agreed to have the parenting plan dropped and the child support terminated. Will filing a petition for modification of child support and petition for modification of parenting plan be enough to get this accomplished . We live in Washington State
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 6 years ago.

You must file an action to disclaim paternity in order for the court to make a determination that you are not the father. Unless there is such an order, support could be commenced at any time, particularly if the other parent were to need public assistance.

Please click ACCEPT Below