Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.
18210975

my ex husband made an accusaation on my boyfriend. said

my ex husband made an accusaation on my boyfriend. said he touched one of my chidren. im taken the child to get checked. he wants custody can he get custody? im worken w tons of people. the judge put a stay away on my boyfriend w out hearing it in court. my child is afraid to live with the father. he has done things like this in the past.
Hello -

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

For your ex husband to get custody, he would have to prove that it would be in the "best interests of the child" for him to have custody. There are many factors the Judge would consider, including your mental and financial state, your use of any illegal drugs or participation in illegal activities, how well the child is doing in school, and the child's wishes, if they are old enough. It does not sound like your husband has any valid reason to have the child taken away from you and is simply doing this because he wants to get back at you. I would not worry about him getting custody, especially after you prove that his recent accusation is a lie.

Take care,

If my answer was helpful, please click ACCEPT so I may be compensated for my time. If you are not satisfied with the Answer, please feel free not to Accept, and post a follow up question so I may be able to clarify my Answer. My goal is to provide an outstanding Answer, so give me a chance.

Regards,

Michael
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
are we doing the right thing by getting my child checked out and while the judge lift the order if everything is ok?

Yes, getting the child checked out is important and will not hurt the child in the long run. It is always best to know for sure, even if you suspect your ex is lying.

The Judge issued the order for immediate protection of the child, which is proper. Later, there will be a hearing to decide whether the order will be more permanent. At that hearing, you can present the evidence that your doctor finds along with other testimony to support your argument as to why the order should be dropped.

Good luck,

Regards,

Michael