Lawyer Lori
Lawyer Lori, Lawyer
Experience:  Divorce, custody and child support attorney.

My son & his girlfriend are broken up and they have a 11 month

My son & his girlfriend are broken up and they have a 11 month old son. She was just recently put in jail for domestic violence with my son. Now her & her parents are keeping my grandson away from my son & us. What can my son do? All he wants to do is to see his son.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lawyer Lori replied 6 years ago.
If there are currently any court orders regarding visitation and she is not permitting your son to see his son, your son needs to file a contempt of court action against her seeking that the visitation be enforced. If there are not any orders in effect, you son needs to file a petition for visitation (or joint custody) and get a court order. Until that happens, she can continue to keep the child from him without any repercussions. But, be advised that if he files a petition, she will most likely demand that he pay child support (if he is not already paying it).

You may want to refer to this website of the Florida courts for info:

Hope this helps. Good luck to your son.