FLACORPLAWYER, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  23 Years as attorney, licensed NY and FL. Former US ATTY.

In june of 2009 i signed escrow papers with my soon to be ex

In june of 2009 i signed escrow papers with my soon to be ex husband on our house we have had for 18 years. We re-financed to pay ours debt to improve our credit so we could go through with our divorce and dividing monies etc.
As of today March 1st 2010 i still have not got any money my ex-husband and his lawyer are holding it hostage as it were to make me sign off on all the other legal documents concerning our divorce. My ex husband has had his money since last summer $44,000!! I only had $14,500 of debt at the time but i am now desperate! My lawyer is non existant and requires more money which i don't have i need that check please help me.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FLACORPLAWYER replied 6 years ago.
Go to the website of the Washington Bar Association. The website can be found at . File two complaints against these two lawyers. The complaint page is at . The complaint against your husband's attorney is that he stole your escrow money from the sale of your home and won't give it back. The complaint against your attorney is that he took your money and failed to represent you diligently in this case. Send each attorney a copy of your complaint form in the mail. Then sit back, and relax. They will come to you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
and how long do you think this will take if i do it today? Actually i have neither of their addresses only their cell phone numbers. My lawyer had an office in seattle and when i call that number its been disconnected? I have no information about these 2 what do i do?
The bar web site or office will have a good address for every lawyer in the state. If you file the complaints those lawyers will be calling you to resolve this case.