lwpat, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney

Sir, My wife and I are trying to have a friendly divorce! !!!

Customer Question

Sir, My wife and I are trying to have a friendly divorce!?!!! She asks me to give her a financial proposal, for her to review and agree/disagree on it.
Q: should I do this by email?
The deed of our house is in her name, the house was bought during our marriage, both of our names are XXXXX XXXXX mortgage. House location is in PA.
Q: Can she kick me out of our house? She claims that the divorce procedure will only start once I move out. Note we are living separate lifes, separate bedrooms and barely talk to each other.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Peter Wiedmer
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
PA allows a no fault mutual consent divorce
Mutual consent.--The court may grant a divorce where it is alleged that the marriage is irretrievably broken and 90 days have elapsed from the date of commencement of an action under this part and an affidavit has been filed by each of the parties evidencing that each of the parties consents to the divorce. She cannot make you move out and you are entitled to half of the equity in the house if there is any. I suggest that you have an attorney draw up a marital settlement agreement and have it approved as part of the final divorce order. Here are some samples as a guide.