Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Lawyer
Experience:  Divorce, child custody, child support, etc.

Cild support in GA What recourse is available if my attorney

Cild support in GA : What recourse is available if my attorney entered my business's gross income as my gross personal income? My accountant agrees, and the difference is $1600 per month.

Thank you for your question.

This would be grounds to petition the court to modify the child support order. The Georgia statutes at Section 9-11-60(g) allow a party to motion for relief from a judgment where any part of the record contains errors arising from oversight or omission. You may be able to get the order corrected retroactive to the date the order was put in place. Although retroactive orders are usually not permitted, they may be if the judgment was based on error. Your attorney should be willing to help you with this, being that it was his/her mistake.