LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.

Hi, I am a non-custodian parent that lived in Conneticut. I

Hi, I am a non-custodian parent that lived in Conneticut. I paying child support every month to my 2 children that lived in Florida. But I just recieved a financial Affidavit Form from the Department Of Revenue, Child Support Enforcement that my ex request an adjustment. So can my lawyer in Conneticut fill out for me, or I need a lawyer in Florida?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

Because the financial affidavit is just a form that you fill out and sign under penalty of perjury, your lawyer in Connecticut can assist you in doing this. It is not necessary fro you to retain an attorney in FL just for help with the form. However, if there are any court proceedings which follow the receipt of your form, you will need a FL attorney to assist you with those proceedings at that point.

I wish you the best in 2010.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the orange Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,