How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31660
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if my boyfriends wants nothin to do with his child and the

Customer Question

if my boyfriends wants nothin to do with his child and the childs mother refuses to get dna done does he still have to pay alimoney?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

It would be child support at issue, not alimony.


If the child's paternity is in question, meaning that the alleged father denies being the father, he cannot be ordered to pay child support UNTIL paternity is established through a court-ordered dna test.