Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

On Dec 30th, I had a cataract removed. The cataract split

On Dec 30th, I had a cataract removed. The cataract split and part went inside my eye. The doctor after several very close exams, sent me to GA Retina to have left over cataract removed from inside the eye. When examing me, GA Retina found that my pupil had been damaged and also the retina. They rusted me into surgery on the 15th of January to re-attach the retina as it was coming unattached. Before the gas bubble could go away, the scar tissue pulled the entire retina loose causing lose of any sight. GA Retina then did major surgery in February and re-attached the retina after having to ampulate part of the retina where the scar tissue would not come loose. They strapped the eyeball and filled it with oil. At this point, I have no vision out of the eye and don't know the future vision. What is my recouse on this vs the original doctor who did the bad surgery? bill Jackosn
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

How terrible. It appears that you may have a malpractice case against the doctor for his negligence.

You will want to retain a medical malpractice attorney. Medical malpractice cases are very complex. Most medical malpractice attorneys will give a free initial consultation and work on a contingency fee basis.

Your attorney will typically have a doctor review the case and give you an opinion on whether there actually was negligence and the effect of that negligence on your husband.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.