Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law

In Montana can you sue your husband for breach of a marriage

In Montana can you sue your husband for breach of a marriage contract due to infidelity, lies, and family partner assault?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Tina replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for contacting our JA team for guidance.

Montana is primarily a no fault state, except that you can allege serious misconduct that adversely affects the attitude of one or both of the parties towards the marriage. This would be a basis for a suit for dissolution under MT law.

Please let me know if you need clarification by pressing the "Reply" button. If you press "Relist", I will not be notified that you have requested my assistance. .

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX

Tina G

Please press the "accept" button so I may be credited and paid for my time when I have answered/clarified your question. Positive feedback and a bonus are always appreciated. Thank you very much.

NOTE: This open forum is for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. It is highly recommended that you seek representation by a local attorney for all legal matters. The state bar association can provide you with attorney referrals. Please remember that I cannot know what you know unless you tell me. There may be important factors that are relevant to your question that I am not aware of in your specific situation, but I will always do my best to be professional, courteous, and prompt.