LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

My husband served me divorce papers and has tried to have sex

My husband served me divorce papers and has tried to have sex with me several times since....motive here?????? what's up with that???????
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

His motive in all likelihood just his hormones. Having sex with you after he has served you with divorce papers in no way un-does the divorce.

There is no risk to your status as a divorce litigant just because the two of you might have sex--presuming that is what you want as well.

One thing to keep in mind. If you have not Answered his suit for divorce and ALSO counter-sued for divorce, then he could in theory dismiss the suit and remove the both of you from the divorce process.

I wish you the best in 2010.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the orange Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,

Doug

I wish you the best in 2010.

Best regards,

Doug