Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My husband and I took Custody of our grandson one year ago

Customer Question

My husband and I took Custody of our grandson one year ago because of my daughters drug issues, She is on anabuse for the next 3 years, she has no licenses for the next 5 years at least, she has been to jail 3 times in the last 2 years the last being released the week before Christmas from failing a drug screen at anabuse for alcohol and pot.IF she fails again she is facing 3 years in prison. She has alot of violations against her while being on probation. She works at a strip club as a waitress and stripper and that is against her probation. She uses the System for food stamps and lying about it, she has informed me that she is seeing a lawyer on tues to get custody back . i am scared, this is the only home he has lived in since he was born. She pretty much walked out when he was 7 mo old and she was released off of house arrest.. has been partying ever since. She was on house arrest for doing Coke and Pot while pregnant. Should i worry ? do i need to see and attorney ?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

What state is this in?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Its in Indiana, Ft wayne .

Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
I would get an attorney just in case, but I wouldn't worry.The Court decides on custody based on the rule of thumb of "best interest of the child." This includes, but is not limited to, general stability of the parent, financial stability, indoctrination of the child in the current school and environment, household condition and living condition of the child, other persons living in the house, etc.

In this instance, I just don't see her getting it back.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up info.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ORANGE ACCEPT button for my answer. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work. Understand that when you put in your payment info, you still have not paid until you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to being the question with “This Question is for Eli…”