Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

i want to change my conciliation agreement

Customer Question

Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Can you provide some more details?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today. Your previous attorney has opted out

Do you mean you want to retract an agreement signed as part of a lawsuit by both parties, and entered into court records?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It is not a lawsuit. I dont think the judge has even seen it yet to sign.

My ex has custody and we have not been able to agree on visitation until fri. 2 days ago and when I got home to really look at what I signed I realized that it was not in my family's best interest nor my daughters and thus I want to retract my signature.

Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
What did the agreement stipulate? And is the custody informal or court-ordered?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was signing an order for specific visitatations with my daughter and this is a formal court ordered conciliation meeting that we attended.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
Unless you put submit agreement into Court, it holds NO value. It has to be submitted as a joint agreement. It's not binding as is.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up info.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ORANGE ACCEPT button for my answer. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work. Understand that when you put in your payment info, you still have not paid until you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at If you do this, make sure to being the question with “This Question is for Eli…”