ANDREA,
ANDREA,, Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law

My wife was has been dxd with Munchausen by Proxy and has

Customer Question

My wife was has been dx'd with Munchausen by Proxy and has alienated and ruined my 20yo daughter who was top of her class .My daughter is now helping her mother with a Yoga business while I am on disability for the stress it put me through. I have tried everything to get through to my daughter as she initially wanted to live with me but her mother did a job on her. I have to give child support and just pay alimony as my daughter is no longer a full time student because of her mother's abuse. My daughter calls me often and I feel horrible about this but do I still have to pay my daughter who is now working with her sick mother while I am still getting back on my feet. I was the sole money earner in the family until I was abused by my ex's transparency in the probate courtroom. My daughter even said at one time her mother was crazy. Do I have to go through an attorney as I cannot afford it. Doug MD
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 4 years ago.

Good Evening,

You should file a Petition to Terminate Child Support based on Changed Circumstances. I understand how you feel about your daughter, but if your obligation to pay child support was contingent on her being a full time student in college, you should not have to pay child support to her mother for your daughter's benefit if she is no in school full time.

If you are paying alimony to your wife, You should also file a Petition terminate alimony because of changed circumstances, or combine this request with the first Petition. If she is starting her own business, she should be working and be financial self supporting. Ask the Court if they have forms for this so that you do not have to get an attorney to do this for you.

________________________________________________________________________________

Please press "ACCEPT" so that I may receive credit for assisting you;

Positive Feedback, BONUS, are nice ways to say "Thank You" for the Expert's time and effort in assisting you

If you have questions in the future, please feel free to ask for me by typing my name at the beginning of your question

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for allowing me to assist you and Good Luck!

ANDREA, JD, LLM

Member, NY & PA Bar

Don't forget to leave positive feedback!

ANDREA,, Lawyer
Experience: 25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I accept your answer and have one more question. Should my daughter finally make the break I here she may, as she gets older, and goes to UCLA I will gladly resume her payments (somehow) as she will be under 23 in MA though by then she will be perhaps a CA resident if her mother has her way. What would happen then? Admittedly as a physician who worked for 20 years and lost everything just starting to get my life together I always want my daughter to know I love her. She calls me almost daily and so much like Alec Baldwin's case if I get into anything with her about her mother she clams up. I have been devestated for years over this and have talked with every leading authority in the country from a physicians standpoint about MBP. SO Sick! As I have said I accept and appreciate your answer if you could give me this follow up I would appreciate it.
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 4 years ago.

Once child support is terminated, it's terminated. If your daughter goes back to school and you want to help her, that's fine, but it should be voluntary, you shouldn't have your former wife hanging a sword over your head compelling you to do so at regular intervals and in regular amounts that quite poosibly, you may not be able to afford

___________________________________________________________________________________

ANDREA, JD, LLM

Member, NY & PA Bar

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much for your help. I gave you an excellent review as you deserve it. take care, Doug
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 4 years ago.
You are very welcome, anytime

If you have questions in the future, feel free to ask for me by typing my name at the beginning of your question.

Best regards

ANDREA