Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Lawyer
Experience:  Divorce, child custody, child support, etc.

My husband has a female friend who keeps calling his cell phone,

My husband has a female friend who keeps calling his cell phone, but when I answer the phone she becomes aggressive. Although he believes their friendship is simply just purely friends without the thrills, I believe the woman wants more. The cellphone is in my name but I am not sure if it would be in my best interest to cut the phone off since it is just as easy for him to get another cellphone. I would like to sue this woman for invading my marriage. What course of action can I take?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lady Themis replied 6 years ago.

What state are you in?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

You cannot sue the woman for interfering in your marriage, as such suits have never been recognized in Louisiana. Most other states have abolished such lawsuits if they ever did recognize them. You can ask the woman to stop calling or change your phone number, but it is ultimately up to your husband to discontinue contact with her. If the woman threatens you physically, you may be able to have her arrested and/or get a restraining order against her.