Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

i was divorced in lagrange georgia troup county. I now live

i was divorced in lagrange georgia troup county. I now live in ohio, as well as my ex moved to ohio couple of years ago. I need to get a modification of child support, but do not know how to proceed since i do not live in georgia. Ohio child support agency will not help me as they are telling me i have to go back to the court where the garnishment was filed. Yet i am unable to get assistance from georgia child support agency as they are also saying it requires an amendment thru the court for garnishment of wages. I do not know how best to proceed to review the child support order on file, i am the custodian and receive the child support.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

You can file for a modification in the county of residence of the children. Because the children now live in Ohio, the courts of that state have jurisdiction over them.