Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I am a 25 year old legally sperated mother of a 4 year old.

I am a 25 year old legally sperated mother of a 4 year old. she lives in Wisconsin with her dad right now and i am in Nebraska yet I talk to her every night. I will be moving back to Wisconsin in the begining of March. I also am living off of unemployment and have no job at the moment. He wants to mover her to Green Bay while i want to keep her in Wausau which is were she has all of her family and goes to preschool. Do you think I will have a chance of gaining full custody of my child?
Submitted: 6 years ago via RomingerLegal.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

The court must do what is in the best interest of the child. In order to have a chance, you'll have to convince the judge that the child being with you is in her best interest. A showing of a stable home environment, financial situation, school situation, family in the area and time available with the child are all considerations the court will make.

There is certainly a chance that you can get custody of your child, but full custody is tough even for anyone to get. It is most likely that the court will set up joint custody.