How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31172
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can an attourney outside the state of california give legal

Resolved Question:

Can an attourney outside the state of california give legal advice on a case filed in the state of california
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

The attorney can give advice, and can even represent a party if he/she applies to be admitted "pro hac vice". If the attorney is not familiar with the particular laws of the state, or has not researched the law, he/she should make this point clear to the clients.


However, it is not uncommon for attorneys to practice in several states.

Roger and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions