Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My mother passed away and left her house in Trust to the two

My mother passed away and left her house in Trust to the two brothers. One brother doesn't want the house just want to be bought out.
No one is on the house at this time If I was to be put on the house pay my brtoher is half do i get the WHOLE prop 13 advantage.

The most significant portion of the act is the first paragraph, which capped real estate taxes:

Section 1. (a) The maximum amount of any ad valorem tax on real property shall not exceed One percent (1%) of the full cash value of such property. The one percent (1%) tax to be collected by the counties and apportioned according to law to the districts within the counties.

How you acquire the property has nothing to do with the cash value, which is set by a county appraisal.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The answer did not answer the question about Do I get to keep the prop 13 for state of California if one brother does not want to be on the house.

thank You

It doesn't matter who owns the property. All that matters is the value of the property. If you are the only one on the house, you'll still get the assessment.