JPEsq., Lawyer
Experience:  Published articles on family law, featured in several publications for successful trial work.

last july my husband and i got married. after two months he

Customer Question

last july my husband and i got married. after two months he said he didn`t want to live at my house. then we moved to his house and after 3 weeks he told me to leave that he didn1t want to be married anymore. i was devastated. he wanted seperation papers signed right away. i asked for a few things and he agreed to them but wanted the seperation papers signed. i really didn`t want this seperation but i agreed to it because at the time i was an emotional wreck. i couldn`t stop crying at the attorney`s office until the attorney had to read them to me.i was so upset i don`t even know what he read. i remember looking at my husband and saying please don`t which he replyied no.i didn`t know anyone could hurt that much.
within three weeks we were going places together and having sex. this went on for 2 months. i had so much hope that we would reconcile our marriage. but no,that is not going to happen. my question is since we broke part of the seperation agreement is the other part binding/
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JPEsq. replied 6 years ago.

I am sorry for your situation. Unfortunately, the fact that you have been intimate post-separation, does not nullify the separation agreement.

You are still bound by the separation agreement.

All that said, if you were married for only a short period, your separation agreement should really just return you to your pre-marriage status... no property or alimony should really be changing hands (unless I am missing something).