LegalEase, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience in handling divorces, custody issues and child support quandries.

Are there lawyers in the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area that

Are there lawyers in the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area that I can hire to only write an appellate brief based from the court reporter's record, appealling the division of marital assests?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalEase replied 6 years ago.
Yes, there are law firms that specialize completely in appellate work and who may agree to write the brief for you, however, we cannot recommend exact firms here. I did a search on for you and found this list of Dallas appellate lawyers and their ratings. There are plenty on that list that handle family law cases on the appellate level and they might work out a piecemeal plan for you. If you do decide to write your brief yourself, the Tarrant County law library in the old courthouse has a ton of good resources and research materials as does the Texas Wesleyan Law Library (open to the public from 9-5, I believe.) I advocate you having an attorney for this process, however, since the appeals process is very tricky and rules based.