Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney
3396227

What are the requirements for a non-custodial parent to report

Customer Question

What are the requirements for a non-custodial parent to report all whereabouts to the custodial parent? What are the requirements of the custodial parent to report activities, medical care and results, dates times and scheudules? State of Ohio.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 6 years ago.

DearCustomer- Most visitation orders require that both parents know the whereabouts of their children. Obviously I do not have access to the visitation order in question so I have no idea what provisions are contained therein but that is the first source of reference. So long as the visitation order is being followed there should be no additional duties to report hour by hour activity. An emergency would be an exception of course.

If there are special circumstance such as children with special needs then there may be additional requirements to be followed. Other than the language of the visitation order I know of no other additional requirements that must be followed by non residential parents in Ohio. Sometimes common sense would say that it may be good to provide notice of something unusual even if not required by the order.

The more information that can pass between the parents concerning their children the better it usually is for everyone. Obviously this is not always possible due to individual circumstances. Since I have no further specifics about your case I can only answer in general.

Dave Kennett